Dr. Anika Goodwin is a board certified ophthalmologist, visionary, thought leader, speaker, author, and advocate. She is co-founder and CEO of EYEmergencyMD, Inc, an ocular telehealth company committed to improving access to eye physicians and ending preventable blindness. She serves on the Board of Directors for Run Success Vision Lab, a company that creates visible platforms for causes in need of representation and advocacy.
Dr. Anika is known for her gift of teaching. She goes above and beyond to put her patients in the position of co-captain of the eyes and visual health. She believes that an educated patient is one who will work with the healthcare team to improve outcomes.
Dr. Anika is also a gifted speaker. She is well versed on all vision related topics as well as the ocular telehealth space. If you are looking for a candid, knowledgeable, charismatic speaker, click below to get on her calendar today.
Education & Experience
- B.S. Pharmacy University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Doctor of Medicine Medical University of South Carolina
- Internship UNC Hospitals
- Residency State University of New York Downstate Medical Center
- Fellowship Wayne State University Kresge Eye Institute
Skills & Expertise
- Board Certified in Ophthalmology 2007, 2017
- Fellowship trained in oculofacial plastic surgery and ocular trauma
- Vision advocate
- Telemedicine thought leader
- Engaging, energetic speaker